For our client, SYIL Machine Tools from Ningbo, we perform ongoing search engine optimization services. A key pillar in our SEO work for them is on-page SEO. This post describes what is the scope of work for on-page SEO for SYIL.
Goals and Objectives
SYIL's assignment for us is simple: To attract new leads to the website and turn them into customers. The best chance to do so is to take advantage of free traffic from popular search engines. A focused SEO campaign will help:
- Get SYIL's website more attention from interested prospects
- Turn that new attention into paying customers
- Gain increased visibility without risking your standing with popular search engines
Plan Of Action
Here’s what we did to assure we meet SYIL's goals:
- Launch a campaign to bring in a stream of new visitors to your website – If prospects can find you at the top of their search engine results, you can turn them into buyers. We’ll launch a campaign to improve your rankings and drive visitors to your site.
- Optimize your SEO campaign to convert your new traffic into customers – A SEO campaign should produce a tangible return on your investment: new customers. We’ll manage your campaign after we launch it, making continual improvements to increase the percentage of your new traffic that turns into paying customers.
- Understand the business objective - The business objective gives clarity to the roadmap and facilitates an effective plan of action to achieve the desired results.
- Competitor and keyword analysis - One of the important parts of the optimization process, we will be looking for the loopholes and working on outranking the competitors with highly effective keyword research and competitor analysis.
On-Page SEO campaign
Here’s what we did for SYIL to improve On-Page optimization :
- Google Webmaster Setup
- Google Analytics Setup
- Sitemap Setup & Optimization
- Robots Setup & optimization
- Competitors Analysis Site Audit Summary
- Keyword Research & Report with rank status
- Meta tag Optimization
- Alt attributes
- Header Tag Optimization
- H1-H6 structure setup
- Using SEO friendly URLs and Breadcrumb suggestions
- Duplicate Content & Pages Check
- Image and Hyperlink Optimization
- HTML code Cleanup and Optimization
- Temporary Redirects
- Broken internal links
- Link redirect audit
- Internal link structuring & optimization
What does our on-page SEO service incorporate?
Demonstrative Meta Title and Meta Description
SEO and User-friendly title as well as Meta Description for each page.
All-inclusive Image Optimization
For every image on every page, the required details involve ALT Tag, Image Title and Title Attribute. Apart from this, each one of these has to be optimized with Keywords and Image File name should have the keyword in it.
Hierarchical Header Tags
All Header Tags on a page should be in the correct hierarchy as per the Google Algorithm. There cannot be more than one H1 tag on a page and all other Header tags should be in the ascending order based on the context of the content.
User-Friendly URLs Optimization Suggestions
URLs to every page of your website needs to be optimized with User-friendly Readability in focus. Apart from this, Keywords are an essential requirement from an SEO Perspective in the form of Slug. URL optimization also includes declaring a Canonical URL to avoid the same content being indexed separately on Search Engine. This raises a Duplicate content issue. Favicons, Mobile URLs, Handling Root Files and blocking Bad URLs are some other aspects of URL Optimization.
Correlative Sitemaps & Breadcrumbs
A sitemap is a file (XML type) that contains a list of all the URLs corresponding to pages on a website. The sitemap lets you provide essential information regarding every page to the search engine, and manually organize the pages in a proper hierarchy. Breadcrumbs module can be used with sitemaps to help customers figure out the path they followed to reach a particular page. This also gives way to easier navigation on the page.
Extensive HTML Code CleanUp
With newer versions of HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap, certain tags have been dropped for good and google penalizes their use now. HTML CleanUp is required to remove these tags and optimize the codes. This improves speed and appearance as well. Use of Tags such as SPAN, & NBSP, etc is no longer considered a good practice.
Tidy Link Redirection
Link Redirection is the transfer of ranking privileges to a new address. Through redirection, of link A to Link B, all users clicking on Link A are taken to Link B. The most common Link Redirection Process is 301 and 302 Redirection, also referred to as Permanent and Tempo- rary Redirection respectively. Their meanings are pretty self-explanatory.A preferred process for SEO optimization is 301 Permanent Redirection if the need arises.
Correlative Internal and External Link Structure Optimization
Backlinking through Internal and External Links is the most prominent factor in deciding the Domain Authority and Trust factor of a website. Internal Linking and External linkages form an intricate, relevant and extensive Network that helps bring in traffic and also satisfies users.
Barred Robot Indexing Robot.txt tells the Search Engine Bots to crawl a page a certain way. Robots.txt file itself should not be indexed and has to be removed from the index eligible list of pages.
Optimal Website Speed for Desktop
Speed is one of the major causes behind users leaving a page without even looking at anything, that adds up to the bounce off rate. A page should load fast so that the user can quickly glance and extract a primary judgment of the page. This further strengthens their choice to stay or leave. Optimization of Media and content length are just primary attempts at improving the speed. Major attempts involve speed optimization of the whole website.
Thoroughgoing Rich Snippet
A set of code is included in the content for which we recommend some automated tools, so that when a user finds the URL listed in Google Search Result, they should be able to gain extra information regarding the page they are about to see. Such as Rating of a certain recipe, or a link to some event related to the company, Company details like the address and contact information, or something as simple as the meta description of the page.
Performance tracking campaign:
We have set up a performance tracking campaign for monitoring day-to-day performance.